Live – In Recovery House Manager – Substance Abuse and Mental Health
We are a drug and Alcohol treatment center, job duties include but not limited to: Transporting Clients to Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings, Preparation of lunches and dinners, medication management, computer skills, as well as people skills. If you are in recovery you must have at least one year clean and sober. Experience with California Alcohol and drug programs is not necessary but very beneficial. No resume no response.
The House Manager is responsible for maintaining and keeping the house running smoothly and maintaining a clean and sanitary environment at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer the phone in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
• Transportation for residents to day treatment clinic.
• Make sure chores are assigned.
• Do laundry and change out beds upon discharge of residents.
• Review the SLE Agreement with residents at Wednesday house meetings.
• Attend House Managers’ Staff meeting on Wednesday 8:30am.
• It is your responsibility to notify your supervisor within 2 hours if you are unable to work.
• Time of leave has to be requested 2 weeks in advance.
• Address any concerns directly to Supervisor.
• Keep vehicles clean and notify Supervisor when it is time for oil change, etc.
• Report all repairs needed in the house.
• Maintain residents’ confidentiality.
Candidate must be a high school graduate.
Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in the chemical dependency field and knowledge of the running of a sober living home. Must be computer literate and have good communication.
Skills and Competency:
Ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others. Is sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy. Is able to work alone and actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems. The Candidate will have good time management skills and actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems: whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions.