On Saturday, July 23, celebrated singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse was found dead at her house in London, England.
She was, above all, a brilliant musician. In an industry polluted with excessive auto-tuning and a general lack of musicality, Amy was a gem. Most professional musicians agreed – she was one of the most talented singers of her time.
Amy was also famous for struggling with addiction. She started using heavily in 2005 and in 2007 was admitted to a hospital in London for an overdose concoction of cocaine, ectasy, heroin, alcohol and ketamine. Her behavior was self destructive and dangerous; she said, “I really thought it was over for me then [during the overdose].” In 2008, she had a two-week stay at a rehabilitation facility and in 2010 she entered a clinic for one week. She wanted to get better. In an interview in late 2010, Amy stated, “I literally woke up one day and was like, ‘I don’t want to do this anymore.”
Police took several weeks to complete a toxicology report and wrap up their forensic investigation into Amy’s death. But, regardless of the cause, the loss of Amy Winehouse was a blow to every fan of good music. On behalf of Sovereign Health of California, we send our condolences to Amy Winehouse’s family, friends, and fans.
Reach Out To Us Today! Most Private Insurance Accepted