Drug addiction! It maybe that you use drugs to feel high, but sometimes our addiction and inclination towards it increases because of its relation with celebrities. By the time we realize that there is nothing glamorous about drug addiction, it is often too late. From time to time, we all must have read about, or seen in the media, celebrities using drugs to party or during other times in their life, but few of them gave us signals that drug addiction never discriminates!!!
- Elvis Presley! One of the most popular American rock stars, often referred to as the ‘King of Rock and Roll’, was found dead in his bathroom. Physicians described cardiac arrhythmia as the cause of death. This was the result of an overdose of prescription drugs.
- Christopher Pettiet! Famous as Zach Crandell of ‘Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead’ died on April 12, 2000 because of a drug overdose at the age of just 24.
- Heath Ledger! Renowned Hollywood actor who starred in The Patriot, The Dark Night and more, Heath accidentally died in January 2008 due to acute intoxication caused by a concoction of drugs.
- Marilyn Monroe! At the age of only 36, Marilyn was found dead in her bedroom due to barbiturate poisoning.
- Brad Barron Renfro! An American actor who featured in 21 films, he got into substance abuse and died from a heroin overdose in January 2008.
- Dana Michelle Plato! An American actress, notable for playing the role of Kimberly Drummond in the U.S. television sitcom, Different Strokes, she was arrested in January 1992 for forging a prescription for Diazepam. At the age of 34, she died of an overdose of Vanadom (Soma) and Lortab.
- Robert Joseph Pastorelli! Famous for roles on TV and in movies, he played the portly painter ‘Eldin Bernecky’ in the television series Murphy Brown. He died of a heroin overdose in 2004.
- Dorothy Jean Dandridge! A popular American singer and actress, she was the first African-American to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. She died due an accidental drug overdose at the age of 42.
- Rodney Michael Harvey! A model and actor, he had worked for Calvin Klein. He died of an overdose of cocaine and heroin on April 10, 1998.
- Anna Nicole Smith! An actress and television personality, she became popular by joining Playboy. She was found dead in a hotel room in Florida due to an overdose of prescription drugs.
- Judy Garland! Judy attained international stardom as an actress in musical and dramatic roles and was respected for her versatility. She was found dead in the bathroom of her rented house. The cause of death was reported as an incautious self-overdose of barbiturates.
- Chris Farley! A renowned actor and comedian, he starred in Saturday Night Live. Farley died of an overdose of morphine and cocaine.
- John Belushi! John also starred in Saturday Night Live. He was found dead at the age of 33 due to an accidental overdose of heroin and cocaine.
- Lani O’Grady! Known for her role as ‘Mary Bradford’, the eldest sister from Eight Is Enough, she was found dead at her home on September 25, 2001 due to multiple drug intoxication.
- Mary Anissa Jones! On August 28th, 1976, during a party at a friend’s home, she took a concoction of barbiturates, phencyclidine, cocaine and meth. A few hours later she was found dead. She was known as Buffy, by her character in Family Affairs and was a famous TV personality.
Reach Out To Us Today! Most Private Insurance Accepted