What to Bring and What Not to Bring for Your Stay
Pack enough for two (2) weeks. Bring both indoor and outdoor clothing appropriate to the season, job search clothes, bathing suit etc. Laundry facilities and laundry soap are available. Please note this list is not inclusive and management reserves the right to store property as they see fit.
Please Bring the Following Items:
- One suitcase and one carry on item
- Enough clothing for two weeks
- All personal hygiene articles including: bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush and feminine hygiene products.
- Insurance deductable and prescription deposit
- Blow dryer or curling iron
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks/Undergarments (several pairs)
- Gym/yoga attire
- Jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers and pajamas
- Prescriptions for any approved medications
- Insurance Card/Drivers License/Social security card
Eating Disorder Patients/Mental Health Patients
- Long pants for Equine Therapy
For patients who do not have a debit/credit card or those who would rather bring cash with them, we recommend that you take the following into mind for your personal expenses. There are once a week shopping trips with a maximum budget of 30 dollars excluding the cost of cigarettes if you smoke.
Do Not Bring
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Over the counter medications unless for a specific condition
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Cameras (for privacy purposes)
- Mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl alcohol or any items that contain alcohol
- Portable CD/Tape Player or I-Pod
- Multivitamins (one nationally recognized brand in original container)
- Watch and alarm clock
- Swim suit
- Personal address book, stationery, stamps and books
- Reading materials
To family members:
- All packages/mail items are searched prior to receipt.
- Patients are not permitted to use cell phones for the first 7 days of treatment. However, phone access is available upon arrival (for family check-in) and during business hours at the clinical suite.
- E-mail access is also provided for patients during business hours.
- The primary therapist for your loved one will be in contact with you during the first week of treatment.
- If you would like to send money, please consider a refillable gift-card in place of cash or debit cards.
- Any items you wish to mail may be sent to the clinical suite at Sovereign Health of California Treatment Center.
- If you have any specific questions or concerns, you may leave a message with the receptionist during business hours at 949-369-1300.