What to Bring
We advise our clients to pack enough for 7 to 10 days. Bring both indoor and outdoor clothing appropriate to the season and SHG treatment location,
bathing suit, exercise attire, etc. Laundry facilities and laundry soap are
available. Please note this list is not inclusive and management reserves
the right to store property as they see fit.
Sovereign Health Group provides treatment for addiction, mental health, eating disorders, and dual diagnosis. You can learn more about our programs here, or you can call our admissions team at 866-819-2948.
Please Bring the Following Items
- One suitcase
- One carry on item (this includes a backpack, purse, duffle bag)
- Clothing enough for 7-10 days (laundry facilities located on site and are free of charge)
- All personal hygiene articles including: bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush and feminine hygiene products.
- Blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron
- Comfortable, Casual clothes
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks/Undergarments (several pairs)
- Gym/yoga attire
- Jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers and pajamas
- Insurance Card/Drivers License/Social security card
- Long pants for Equine Therapy
Please attempt to bring a 30 day supply of prescription medications. Ifyou are due for a refill, please go to the pharmacy prior to admittance. The prescription bottles need to have the prescribing information on the bottle.
If you have any addictive prescription medications, you are requested to bring
those as well.
If you are taking any supplements/vitamins, they must be in sealed containers. All medications and supplements will need to be reviewed and approved by our treatment team before use at Sovereign Health.
Do Not Bring
- Clothing that depicts or promotes the use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
- Over the counter medications unless for a specific condition
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Cameras (for privacy purposes)
- Mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl alcohol or any items that contain alcohol
- Laptop computers (Computer access will be provided for designated activities. Additionally E-mail access is also provided for patients during
- Radio/Stereo with external speakers (Headphones must be used)
- Portable CD/Tape Player with headphones or I-Pod (No I-Phones or smart phones, music must be stored on a device without a send/receive
- Watch and alarm clock (cell phones are not available for the beginning portion of treatment)
- Swim suit
- Personal address book, stationery, stamps and books
- Reading materials (Books are available but you may want to bring your own)
- Pictures of Family or Friends
- Beach towel
- Pillow (Bedding, including pillows, are provided but patients might
want to bring their own pillows)
Check List of What to Bring to Rehab
Below is a list for you to use when packing. However, it is not comprehensive. Management has the right to store any belongings that they feel are inappropriate.
- All packages/mail items are searched prior to receipt
- Patients are not permitted to use cell phones for the first 30 days of treatment however phone access is available upon arrival (for family check-in) and during business hours at the clinical suite.
- E-mail access is also provided for patients during business hours
- The primary therapist for your loved one will be in contact with you during the first week of treatment.
- If you would like to send money,
please consider a refillable gift-card in place of cash or debit cards.
- Any items you wish to mail may be
sent to the clinical suite at Sovereign Health of California Treatment Center
- If there are any specific questions or
concerns you may leave a message with the receptionist during business hours at 949-369-1300.
For patients who do not have a debit/credit card or those who would rather bring cash with them, we recommend that you take the following into mind for your personal expenses. There are once a week shopping trips with a maximum budget of 30 dollars excluding the cost of cigarettes if you smoke.